Mexico is one of the countries with significant potential for real estate investment, but according to the real estate portal Lamudi, 6 states stand out, both for their offer and for the profitability of their prices on land.
Baja California Sur, Veracruz, Aguascalientes, Oaxaca, Campeche, Nuevo León, Yucatan and Mexico City are the most outstanding states due to their growing economic activity, according to data from the National Institute of Statistics and Geography (INEGI).
During the third quarter of 2018, Baja California Sur, had an annual increase of 12.4%; Puebla, of 6.8%; Guanajuato, 5.3%; San Luis Potosí, 5%, and Morelos 4.8%, which translates into an increase in the investment of real estate projects.
These are the states with the greatest investment potential:
1. Baja California Sur: Along with other areas of the northern region, has excelled in the real estate market thanks to its own economic growth, emerging as one of the emerging investment destinations. The border entity is going through a good time in real estate, because the price per square meter increased to 7% in the last year (September 2017-2018).
2. Nuevo León: The Nuevo Leon real estate market represents the biggest attraction for large real estate developers with three important advantages: a higher level of income per capita, potential in population density, as well as the growing demand for real estate in its different segments
3. Querétaro: In the capital of the state the injection of the industry into the zone is noted, since the flank of the absolute price increased 4% (3 million 698,000 pesos) and the square meter reached 10% (12,300 pesos).
4. Quintana Roo: It is a diverse state, not only because of its tourist attraction, but because it is an investment anchor for the real estate development of the southeast region of the country. The value of the property in this area of the country has had an annual increase of 8% since 2015.
5. Jalisco: National and international investments in the entity have contributed to the increase of the real estate market. The municipalities of Guadalajara and Zapopan are the two demarcations that have the highest concentration of inhabitants of the state. The cost per square meter is equivalent to 34,000 and 35,000 pesos.
6. Veracruz: Although at the national level sales operations for new homes were reduced with a price of less than 1 million pesos -12.06%, in Veracruz the figures had an opposite effect with an upward implication of 1.67 per cent, from 4,560 to 4,636 units.