In fact, many young families, entrepreneurs, party goers and retired baby boomers claimed their own slice of paradise as part- or full-time expats. According to Canada’s Department of Foreign Affairs numbers reached a whopping total of 125,000 Canadians in Mexico.
There’s something about this “old world-style meets modern-day conveniences” nation that is truly magical. The stunning beauty, lively music, delectable flavors and undeniable hospitality – Mexico offers a simpler lifestyle and a heaping helping of must-experience culture and traditions.
Below are the Top 5 “Awesome” Amenities that make Mexico the logical location for those who want the best of both worlds.
Top 4 “Awesome” Amenities
- Safety – Mexico offers a safe and secure environment. Sure, there is some violence, but not to the degree which one sees plastered across the media. Many Canadians find crime-free communities that offer safe streets and neighborhoods both day and night. (Our own community of Huatulco Mexico is one of those communities.)
- Affordable, State-of-the-Art Medical Care – Unfortunately Canadian medical insurance doesn’t cover you in Mexico. Plus foreigners are not always able to access public medical care in Mexico. Thankfully, medical attention is both safe and affordable in many communities across the country. Hospitals and clinics are close, offering state-of-the-art facilities with professionals who have trained in many of the highest medical schools around the world. Forget about long waiting periods, inflated costs and being just another number in their system. Mexican doctors, specialists and nursing staff listen carefully to your concerns and spend the necessary time to make sure you’re comfortable in your recovery. Many speak English and even make house calls.
- Fabulous Real Estate Investment Opportunities – Finance savvy Canadians are intrigued by the many real estate investment opportunities here in Mexico. Home prices are still low and investors can find everything from cozy studios to luxurious villas. In addition, the Mexican government has made it easier than ever to own your dream home. Inland property can be purchased with a direct deed. But if you want to plant yourself on a breathtaking Mexican coast like Huatulco Mexico’s sun-drenched beaches, then you can secure a bank trust for your real estate investment.
- The Freedom to Come and Go – Canadians are able to get easy access to travel into and within Mexico as an expat. All you need is a valid passport to enter Mexico and participate in a user-friendly system to secure a resident visa, such as an FM2 or FM3. After that, the sky’s the limit! Mexico has many international airports that will take you wherever you want to go nationally and internationally.
- Lower cost of living
- Slower pace of life
- The opportunity to learn a new language
- Business opportunities
- Public transportation (taxis, buses, driving services and top-notch international airports
- Pockets of English-speaking communities
- Wide range of climates and geography
- Well-developed infrastructure in endless villages and cities
- Pet-friendly businesses
- A wealth of activities such as golf, basketball, soccer, tennis, hiking, bird-watching and water activities
- Endless cultural opportunities with holidays, concerts, theatres, museums and galleries
- World-class restaurants and food festivals
- Church groups representing endless denominations
- Non-profit organizations ranging from animal and environmental care to assisting students and senior citizens
If you’re looking for a new home to meet your interests and ambitions, consider Mexico. And if you’re looking for something beyond the normal expat community, then consider a brand new start in Huatulco, Oaxaca. The community overflows with tradition and charm. It welcomes you home with stunning beauty, endless activities and “don’t miss” amenities. Artisans, open air markets, live music, women weaving, peddlers selling farm-fresh produce – Huatulco Mexico has it all.
So if you’re ready to join the thousands of other Canadians in Mexico and secure a solid real estate investment, then contact us today to learn more. We’ll help you get more “bang for your buck” with a Huatulco Mexico real estate investment property.
And if you have other amenities to add to our Top 4 “Awesome” Amenities list, we’d love to hear from you. Thanks in advance for helping all current and soon-to-be expat Canadians in Mexico.