As we head into spring and summer, our Oaxaca coast flight schedule is changing to adapt to the new season. It is still easy and convenient to get to Huatulco and Puerto Escondido. Check out the details for the coming months below!
How to get to the Oaxaca Coast by Plane
From the U.S. and Canada, you can take a direct flight to Huatulco during winter months from several U.S. and Canadian cities. These flights will end in April and May. See the details in the list below.
Otherwise, convenient connecting flights run mainly through Mexico City (MEX) to Huatulco (HUX) and Puerto Escondido (PXM). By flying into Mexico City, you can take one of several daily flights to Huatulco or Puerto Escondido. Some of the flights listed below do not show up through flight search engines like Expedia. It is most efficient to check directly with the airlines.
Direct Flights to Huatulco from the U.S. and Canada
- American Airlines offers direct flights from Dallas Fort Worth to Huatulco twice a week on Tuesdays and Saturdays. This flight ended in April but will start up again June 4th and run until August 13th.
- Air Canada flies direct from Toronto on Tuesdays and Saturdays until April 26th.
- WestJet offers nonstop flights from Vancouver on Sundays, from Edmonton on Thursdays, from Calgary on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and from Toronto on Saturdays. These flights continue through April 23rd.
- Volaris flies direct from Chicago on Saturdays. This flight continues all of April and May.
- Viva Aerobus flies direct to Saint Louis, Missouri on Saturdays through May 28th.
Three major American carriers (American Airlines, Delta and United) have daily flights to the Mexico City airport (MEX), from major US cities like but not only New York, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Miami, LA, San Francisco etc.
Connecting Flights to Huatulco and Puerto Escondido
- Aeromexico has 2 to 3 daily flights from Mexico City into Huatulco and 2 daily flights into Puerto Escondido. Aeromexico flies direct to Mexico City from Atlanta, Austin, Calgary, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fresno, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Montreal, New York, Orlando, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Toronto, Vancouver. Aeromexico partners with Delta.
- VivaAerobus flies directly from Mexico City to Huatulco with 2 daily flights and 3 daily flights during winter months into Puerto Escondido. Direct flights from the States to Mexico City from Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, San Antonio and San Diego via CBX (Cross Border Express.)
Viva also flies direct to Huatulco from Monterrey Thursdays and Sundays.
- Volaris flies directly to Huatulco and Puerto Escondido from Mexico City. Volaris also flies direct to Huatulco from Tijuana 4 days a week on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays linking via CBX (Cross Border Express) to San Diego.
Volaris provides connections to several U.S. cities from Mexico City. From Mexico City, Volaris serves Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Oakland and San Diego via CBX.
Volaris also flies to Puerto Escondido from MEX and Guadalajara (GDL).
- Aeromar flies direct to Puerto Escondido from Mexico City.
- Magnicharters flies to Huatulco from Mexico City 4 days a week. (Monday, Thursday, Fridays, Sunday)
Fly to Puerto Escondido and Huatulco from Oaxaca
- Aerotoucan flies daily to both Huatulco and Puerto Escondido from Oaxaca.
Rental cars can be found in Puerto Escondido at the airport from Hertz and a couple of local agencies as well as in the city center at Europcar and others. Cars rentals can be arranged at the Huatulco airport from Avis, Hertz, Europcar and Los Tres Reyes.
The center of Huatulco and Puerto Escondido can be accessed via Highway 200 that links Acapulco to Huatulco.
Taxis can be taken from both airports. Airport taxis are available, or you can walk approximately 150 meters out of either airport to the main highway and take a local taxi.
From Huatulco, there is scheduled bus service to/from Puerto Escondido and there are also airport transporters in Puerto Escondido who take clients to/from Huatulco.
Experience the Oaxaca Coast in Spring and Summer. There are a whole lot of things to do and you will get to see the greener side of the coast! We hope you’ll join us for a relaxing break and to explore your investment opportunities! If you’re ready to find your dream home, get in touch! We’re happy to help you along the way.