Here we share how you can get to the Emerald Coast of the Yucatan this summer.
If you’ve been thinking of getting into the Mexican real estate market outside of the big tourist centers in a place where an affordable luxury beach lifestyle is available, we have beautiful panoramic ocean view properties for sale. Chicxulub Beach is located in the Peninsula of Yucatan just 25 kilometers north of the city of Merida and 45 minutes from the Merida International Airport (MID).
As this year has reshaped how we live and work, more people are looking at low population density, sunny destinations in Mexico. The quality of life on the Yucatan coast with its proximity to the cultural center of Merida with all of the conveniences and healthcare services combined with an affordable beach lifestyle have heated up the real estate market in these smaller beach towns.
Summer is also one of our favorite seasons. Rains begin in June and the coast is painted green again. Luscious, tropical vegetation, exotic flowers, and some clouds in the sky make the emerald horizon even more nuanced.
There are good options and good connections for traveling this summer.
- American Airlines has a direct flight from Miami to Merida 7 days/week and a direct flight from Dallas to Merida on Saturdays.
- Aeromexico and Delta flights also connect in Mexico City.
- Flights with Aeromexico via Mexico City are running from Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal.
- Volaris flies with a connection in Mexico City from major US cities like Oakland, L.A., Chicago, Austin and Denver. And major citied in Mexico: Guadalajara, Monterrey.
- All other airlines connect through Mexico City. Flights from Mexico City to Merida on VivaAerobus and Volaris.
- Viva also flies within Mexico to Merida from: Ciudad de México, Guadalajara, Monterrey, Veracruz.
- Aeromar flies from Oaxaca, Poza Rica, Reynosa, Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Villahermosa.
Let us know how we can help you come down for a visit. We also have virtual visits and options to take you through the purchasing process.