Here we share how you can get to the Emerald Coast of the Yucatan this winter.
If you’ve been thinking of getting into the Mexican real estate market outside of the big tourist centers in a place where an affordable luxury beach lifestyle is available, we have beautiful panoramic ocean view properties for sale. Chicxulub Beach is located in the Peninsula of Yucatan just 25 kilometers north of the city of Merida and 45 minutes from the Merida International Airport (MID).
As this year has reshaped how we live and work, more people are looking at low population density, sunny destinations in Mexico. The quality of life on the Yucatan coast with its proximity to the cultural center of Merida, all of the conveniences and healthcare services of Progreso combined with an affordable beach lifestyle have heated up the real estate market in these small beach towns.
Winter is a true escape in the Yucatan with temps ranging from 20-30 in December. The rest of the winter, temps hang right around 30. Crystal clear blue skies, emerald waters, and soft white sand.
There are good options and good connections for traveling this winter.
- American Airlines has a direct flight from Miami to Merida 7 days/week with 2 daily flights in winter.
- United has a direct flight 5 days/ week from Houston. A short 2-hour flight. Westjet has a direct weekly Tuesday flight from Toronto.
- Aeromexico, Air Canada and Delta flights connect in Mexico City from U.S. and Canadian cities.
- Flights with Aeromexico via Mexico City are running from Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Calgary and Edmonton.
- Volaris flies with a connection in Mexico City from major US cities like Oakland, L.A., Chicago, Austin and Denver. And major cities in Mexico: Guadalajara, Monterrey.
- All other airlines connect through Mexico City. Flights from Mexico City to Merida on VivaAerobus and Volaris.
- Viva also flies within Mexico directly to Merida from: Ciudad de México, Guadalajara, Monterrey, Tuxtla and Veracruz.
- Volaris flies direct to Merida from Tijuana and Oaxaca.
- Aeromar flies from Oaxaca, Poza Rica, Reynosa, Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Villahermosa.
Let us know how we can help you come down for a visit. We also have virtual visits and options to take you through the purchasing process.