It’s time to get off of the treadmill of life and relax in the ease and small-town vibe of Huatulco Mexico. Just think of it – natural beauty, vibrant Mexican culture, warm hospitality and modern-day amenities – all without the hefty real estate price tag.
A “Good Time to Buy”
It wasn’t too long ago when the economic crisis of 2008-2009 hit. But thanks to the resilience of the Mexican government, banks and overall economic structure, the nation’s real estate market was able to avoid the rather scathing aftermath which was weathered in Canada and the U.S.
Today, the prices are still budget-friendly, and the investments retain their value. Alston Boyd, ex-chairman of the International Committee of the Texas Association of Realtors and expert in Mexican real estate, agrees.
Boyd stated, “Prices in Mexico are going up slowly but are still low. It's a good time to buy there and a cheaper place to live.”
And we couldn’t agree more! Real estate investors are able to get more “bang for their buck” by taking advantage of lower-priced real estate prices AND the slower lifestyle of a virtually undiscovered-by-the-rest-of-the-world paradise we call Huatulco Mexico.
In the late 1960s, Mexico’s national bank “dog-eared” five beachside locations as the nation’s future tourist hubs: Cancun, Ixtapa, Los Cabos, Loreto and Huatulco. Fonatur (the government agency responsible for developing resort areas) headed up the development.
Ground was broken in several of the would-be location, however, when it came time to develop Huatulco, nothing could be done. A proper infrastructure was desperately needed.
In 1982, the southern Oaxaca community received its facelift. A laundry list of tasks was completed over the course of 12 years:
- Regional highways
- A paved road to connect Huatulco’s nine bays
- Eco-friendly “green zones”
- La Crucecita, an inland community for the tourism industry workforce
- Schools, banks and hospitals
- A university was built
- State-of-the-art public works with state-of-the-art septic and water treatment plants
- Airport expansions with additional international flights
- A cruise ship dock and two marinas
Upscale hoteliers also came, tucking their luxury accommodates in various bays along Oaxaca’s picturesque Pacific coastline. By the mid 1900s, over 170,000 tourists came to enjoy what Huatulco was created to be: a Mexican paradise.
Travelers fell in love with Huatulco Mexico, and many decided that it would be their next home. The real estate development blossomed, and we are still enjoying the possibilities.
Today, Huatulco Mexico continues to be a prime destination for those who are in search of their next part- or full-time residence or vacation property. The community is relatively “young” compared to its sister cities of Cancun, Ixtapa, Los Cabos and Loreto.
Real estate price tags are still low for luxury beachfront villas, condos and land for sale. Plus, the vacation property appreciation rivals others in many of Mexico’s favorite residential areas.
But we’d by lying if we said that it was the stunning infrastructure alone that caused buyers to sign on the dotted line.
No, there is so much more to the “why” of buying Huatulco real estate:
- Crystal clear turquoise water with a kaleidoscope of marine life
- Carefully-protected green spaces including 22-miles of clean, snow-white beaches
- A year-round calendar of events including arts and crafts festivals, religious festivals, coffee plantation tours and the Huatulco ITU Triathlon World Cup
- Ecological must-see’s including protected national parks, lowland jungle, marine areas filled with protected coral communities, bays, waterfalls, ravines and the “Mariposorio Dain Biguid” (a butterfly sanctuary)
- A professional golf course (more on the way)
- Outdoor activities such as sport fishing, horseback riding, scuba, diving and snorkeling
- Dozens of restaurants and bars
- Big name hoteliers such as Secrets, Riu and the Holiday Inn will be on hand for a spa day or time with extended family and friends
But this won’t always be the case.
Let us help you find your “why” and turn it into a “why not” invest in Huatulco real estate today.
Contact us to learn how you can relax in the ease and vibe of Huatulco Mexico as real estate owners and investors.