Why Choose Owning in Oaxaca, Mexico
From it’s untouched beaches to it’s rugged coastline and mountainous landscape, Oaxaca is truly Mexico’s hidden gem. Boasting 370 miles of Pacific coastline, this amazing State offers something for everyone of all ages. Living in Mexico allows you to truly enjoy the good life, which is why more people choose to vacation, retire, invest and live in Oaxaca, Mexico.
Below are the main reasons we choose to live in Oaxaca and why you should consider OWNING Mexico…
- USA Today recently reported that Huatulco is one of the safest places in Mexico to live and visit. The article states, “Huatalco offers tons of water activities such as snorkeling and scuba diving, some nearby surf spots, and tours of coffee farms to boot.”
- The State of Oaxaca and the Oaxaca coast has been named as one of the safest in all of the country of Mexico.
- The “Costa Chica” of Oaxaca was given a green light (or green line) by the U.S State Department as a safe place for travelers.
- The news outlet Kamloops This Week wrote “Huatulco (pronounced wah-tool-co) is 400 kilometres south of Acapulco in the state of Oaxaca — a far cry from the party-central excesses of Cancun or Puerto Vallarta.”
Temperature & Weather
- The area is a low hurricane risk zone.
- The weather is consistently perfect, more in Oaxaca than any other state in Mexico. Guaranteed hot, sunny and clear skies through the winter months.
- The area boasts 340 days of sun with an average yearly temperature of 28 Degrees Celsius (82.4 Degrees Fahrenheit).
- While September is the wettest month, the Oaxaca coast only averages around 40 rain days a year, and all of them through the summer months.
- The ocean temperature is stated to be 7 to 8 Degrees Celsius warmer than Hawaii.
- Peaceful, relaxing and safe are the 3 best words to describe the Oaxaca coast. This small town feeling is especially evident along the “costa chica” the little coast in between Huatulco and Puerto Escondido.
- The Food! Fresh Seafood, authentic Mexican and Authentic Italian are the 3 most common cuisines found along the Oaxaca Coast. Yes, that right, I said authentic Italian! Fresh pasta and pizza made by some of the Italians who have settled in the area.
- Enjoy living only 10 minutes from the Huatulco International Airport. This is ultimate convenience.
Year-round beautiful weather, 36 pristine beaches, 9 gorgeous bays, crystal-clear waters, jungles, and river rapids provide a natural playground like no other. There are literally limitless outdoor activities, including golf at the gorgeous and challenging course in Tangolunda, tackling the 4-class rapids at Rio Copalita, exploring the diversity of sea life while scuba diving or snorkeling, riding a horse through deserted beaches and jungle, deep sea fishing or watching crocodiles and birds in the mangroves. The area is rated in the top 10 surfing destinations in the world. All this adventure is minutes away from your new oceanfront home.
Amazing Investment Opportunity
- The Huatulco area is the last Fonatur area in Mexico. Fonatur is a government agency who has also developed Cancun, Las Cabos, Ixtapa, Loreto and now Huatulco.Fonatur is spending more money helping this area develop than any other area in Mexico. Huatulco has now received the 2nd largest amount of development money from Fonatur, only after Cancun.
- There is huge investment potential in Oaxaca state. Housing prices are low, while infrastructure, including the 420 Million USD highway and 26 Million USD airport expansion are well underway. This will help result in an appreciation in ocean front property in the area.
- Huatulco was awarded Green Globe Certification in 2005 as a sustainable tourist area, a first for the Americas and only the 3rd in the entire world to receive the prestigious award.
- Huatulco continues to win awards and receive recognition for its sustainable ways. In 2017 it was also the recipient of the Earth Check Award for the third consecutive year, recognizing its conservation and care for natural resources,
Cost of Living & HealthCare
- The cost of living is up to 50% less in Oaxaca state, saving you vacation and/or retirement dollars. This is even more evident along the Oaxaca Coast outside of Huatulco and Puerto Escondido.
- Medical coverage in Mexico is a bargain, both through the use of private doctors, dentists and hospitals.
- There are more than 350,000 retired and semi retired Canadians living in Mexico every year. Trends indicate that within the next 15 years there will be at least three times more people retired. Therefore, a much greater demand for tropical destinations can be expected. The time to buy is now!
- Canadians and Americans retiring in Mexico tend to congregate in 5 areas: Mazatlan, Guadalajara, San Miguel de Allende, Lake Chapala and Oaxaca.
- Oaxaca is the only popular tourist destinations that has not yet been seriously affected by globalization, therefore is less expensive than the other 4 retirement areas in Mexico. It is also one of the least expensive places to live in all of Mexico.
- Just recently, the Organization for Economic Co-Operation and Development (OECD) forecasted economic growth for Mexico in 2018 and 2019, by as much as 2.8%.
- Mexico’s GDP expanded 2.8% in 2017 compared with the first quarter of 2016.
- One Canadian lawyer with over 8 years of experience helping Boomers retire to Mexico comments, “Real estate transactions are multiplying and multiplying.”